Sunday, June 25, 2006

World Cup, Henry-style

Yesterday I went and bought Henry some shinguards for his soccer camp. I returned home from the store with shinguards in hand at 12:45. Henry was so excited that he put them on immediately! I went to my students' graduation and returned home at 4 pm. The shinguards were still on. We went to a friend's house for dinner. Henry wore the shinguards in the car. At approximately 9:45 last night, we finally peeled them off his clammy calves.

That boy is SO excited about soccer camp! We have had some variant of this conversation every single day for the past week or so:

Henry: Mom, when is soccer camp?

Me: It starts on the Monday after my school is out.

Henry: So how many days is that? Is it a short time eeeyur (that is how he ALWAYS says "or" -- I love that) a long time?

Me: Pretty short. Just a few days.

Henry: So is it that we have tomorrow, and then it is the day after that. Eeeyur is it the next day after the next day?

Me: Three days, Henry.

Henry: So is it the next day after the next day after the next day, and THEN it is soccer camp??!!

Me: Sure.

Quinn: Mo-ohm, when ith MYYYYY thoccer ca-amp???

I think that Quinn thinks that I like Henry better because why else would Henry get to do soccer camps and museum camps, while HE gets to do nothing but hang out with Mom? He must think I am cruel. How do I explain the concept of age requirements to a two year-old?

1 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, what happened to your blog? No updates in nearly two months? It was really an enjoyable read! Hope everything is ok.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker