Monday, May 29, 2006

My Brain Has Quit

I am too tired to post much because it was a loooong 3 day weekend, but just to give you a quick summary, here goes:

A) My kitchen counter now has knife marks across it. It turns out that you can't cut bread directly on it with a very sharp knife (I knew this already, but apparently Ally did not).

B) My TV room floor is spotless because we scrubbed vomit off of it. Again.

C) My home office looks like it threw up all over our living room because we are pretending that THIS time we are REALLY going to clean the office and keep it that way (but really we move everything out, clean about 10% of it, and then cram everything else back in -- we do this about three times a year).

D) My brain officially decided that if this Mother Effin' house remodel is not over SOON, as in YESTERDAY, that I may actually cross the bridge into Crazytown. Our builder has started coming about, oh, NEVER, and I am pissed. I am not kidding when I say that I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown about the remodel. Really. I am not kidding. Ask my husband. Poor fella.

E) Upon being inspired by seeing a paddleboat race in which everyone looked buff as hell, I have decided to get back in shape (not that I am way out of shape, but I could use some serious toning up). To get healthier, I have decided to exercise more and cut back on (gulp) alcohol. This seemed like an awesome idea at the time, until A, B, C, and D happened. Now it just seems plain nuts. So maybe I already HAVE crossed the bridge into Crazytown. I mean, what sane person would attempt to cut back on drinking while raising young kids during a remodel?

I need a psychiatrist.

1 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

What is it with unreliable contractors? Is it part of their unwritten code that they must mysteriously disappear mid-project?

And yay for you, looking on the bright side of further vomiting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker