Monday, November 14, 2005

Good morning sunshine

Some days me and my husband sleep in clothes. I wish today had been one of those days. Unfortunately we were in the buff in bed when the painter showed up this morning to continue painting the exterior of our house. By show up though, I don't mean at the door, I mean at our second story bedroom window. So not cool.

But no problem, we had a plan. The windows still had semi-transparent plastic on them to protect them from the paint, so we figured that if we just laid really still and stayed under the covers, he wouldn't be able to see us. Flawless -- all we had to do was be patient and let the guy work on our windows, then when he moved on to the other side of the house, we would make a break for it. This would have worked great, except that he apparently FINSHED painting the windows, which means time for the plastic to come off! So next thing I know, a hand is three feet to the side of my face ripping plastic off and letting in the morning sunshine, not to mention the painter's face. So at this point, my husband and I are all the way under the covers. Do you know how hot it gets when two adults are completely under a blanket? Especially when one of those adults is my husband, a walking furnace. We toughed it out, though and twenty hours, I mean minutes, later, we made a naked dash for the bathroom. I have a feeling some cheek may have been spotted, but at least full frontal was avoided! Mental note to self: Keep robe directly by side of bed at all times until house remodel is complete!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker